I have decided to introduce my formulas and recipes to the world, through a company co-led with my daughter, Olivia called SRB Botanica. SRB Botanica utilizes homegrown, foraged, wild-crafted, organic and botanical herbs, as well as the purest essential oils available, along with our personal energy and blessings. We make a special effort to use responsible-sourcing, with an emphasis with raw materials from Africa and the diaspora. SRB Botanica is a deliberately small company, with several collections, so we can stay attentive to detail. The line includes vegan and vegetarian, earth-friendly, nature-centered, botanically-based skincare, haircare, body care and herbals for the body and soul.
Every Thanksgiving I reflect on what I am thankful for. I also like to involve whatever I'm doing in my life into my Thanksgiving rites and rituals. I developed this rite with gratitude for so many things in mind, including love, family, the ancestors, friendship and dear Mother Earth. So, before the holiday is here, I wanted to share this daily rite, useful for Thanksgiving, and all year long.
Da Balm #9 Rite
1. Put a tbsp or so of Da Balm, in the center of your palm.
2. Relax, breathe in and out slowly into your cupped hands three times.
3. You are breathing in strength, sensuality and balance.
4. Slowly rub your palms together to gently melt Da Balm.
5. Finish in namaste 🙏 (prayer position) and say three things you're grateful for.
6. Mindfully apply Da Balm to your body.